A story

Have you ever thought why we always want to read a book, to watch TV while eating, or go dreaming unexpectedly, while listening to a lecture, or just walking home? I found this thing pretty exciting and most of the time quite helpful. Once I heard that the scientists had proved: having a thing and imaging you have it give a person nearly the same pleasure and happiness. 

Like this cat travelling somewhere in his dreams
I.Arkhipov 'Waiting'

Sounds unbelievable, doesn’t it? However, on the other hand, makes perfect sense to me. If we’re honest to ourselves and compare our feeling in both situations, we’ll see it’s true. I tried and it actually works. Vizualizing things come true not only makes your happier but also helps you. Maybe because you concentrate all your energy on this very desire or make the world give you what you want and work hard to get. Work! Surely in the end that’s the key word here, because all dreaming and visualizing are just nothing, mere sounds without true enormous efforts to achieve your goal (see the funniest comics from Shonda Rhimes who is definitely worth listening to).











So what is all this talk for? I just want to say, to my mind, that’s all about stories. We want to find a story in everything we come across with. It can be different, not always happy and romantic, sometimes sad and pathetic, but undoubtedly enchanting and animating. Or at least just new, as there is a part of human nature that constantly desires to discover something new.

Everyone likes listening to a good storyteller.
The author is Alexander Maskaev, famous Russian artist.

Well, when I ask myself why I want travel, what I expect to see or do in that place, I start thinking. If I put aside such common (I think so) wishes as lying on the beach, sunbathing, and swimming in the sea – that is indulging myself with passive rest and outdoor recreation – and buying something absolutely necessary and desired at most bargain price, what will be my honest answer, and what will be yours?

Majical journey.
The author is Alexander Maskaev, famous Russian artist.

As for me, in fact, all I want is to meet people in this particular area and learn them, the stories of their lives. That refers to all I see in my journey, even to inanimate objects, or architectural landmarks. Why do these things become interesting for tourists? Because they contain a story, or a whole bunch of stories, about people who belonged there once.

Like in this picture, we see the present of the Holy Place - that is the church - and the past under the water - that is the ancient heathen sanctuary. The circle rainbow symbolizes the unity of two planes. So different stories, and both are of one place.
V. Ivanov 'Two Faces of Peryn'
For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peryn 

My point is to present the concept of my blog, and that is a story. To stories, teaching and entertaining, peculiar and ordinary, sparkling with strong emotions and charming with their plainness, do I dedicate my creation. So, let’s go.

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога